promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 11 months ago

Who was the King of Scotland in 1326? Edward II or Robert the Bruce?

So, was Robert the Bruce ever the king? Or, was he viewed as a king to the Scottish people? And, was Scotland ruled by England at that time? When did England take Scotland and how? (by marrying?, and if so, who?)

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago
    Favorite Answer

In 1326 Robert I was king of Scotland. He was known as Robert the Bruce. He was king of Scotland from 1306, being crowned at Scone palace after rebelling against king Edward I of England. He then defeated king Edward II at the Scottish battle of Bannockburn in 1314. In 1328 the Treaty of Northampton recognised Scotland's independence from England and Robert I as king.

David II became king in 1329.

Robert II became king in 1371.

Robert III became king in 1390.

It was in 1567 when king James IV became king of Scotland and, in 1603 also became king of England. That was when a Scottish king ruled England as well. England did not so much "take" Scotland as politically manoeuvre Scotland into accepting an offer to be conjoined which it could not refuse. This happened when the Duke of Cumberland defeated (Bonnie) Prince Charles Edward Stewart at the battle of Culloden in 1746. 'The Pretender's' claim to the Scottish throne did not succeed and king George III (reigning from London, England) retained the British throne and authorized Cumberland to attempt the genocide of the Scottish people.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 11 months ago

Hey! Anyone else going to state the bleeding obvious to this idiot?! Jezuz!

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Robert the Bruce was king of scotland from 1306-1329.

• Tim D
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Yes Robert I ruled until his death in 1329

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.