Infinity asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 months ago

Why do 42 percent of Americans consistently strongly disapprove of Trump?

Here's the latest poll: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/pol...

Every recent Rasmussen poll I've looked at shows a 42 percent strong disapproval rating for Trump. Yet, there are 500k jobs openings in manufacturing: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/17/americans-dont-tel...

Are there 500k people who had something horrible happen to them because of Trump? How can anyone say the positive doesn't outweigh the negative?

My expectations for Trump weren't very high. Yet, he has arguably surpassed JFK, to be the greatest president of all time.

Is it a poor education system, or is it the medias fault that so many people hate Trump? Do Americans deserve a better education in statistics? If people thought more in terms of statistics, would there be anyone who strongly disapproved of Trump?

People talk about inhumane conditions for migrants. I had a cousin in the U.S who was held in inhumane conditions. He was an illegal immigrant who had an American education. He was able to get management level jobs. Yet, it was under Obama that he was detained. He kept getting transported all across the country, wasting tax payer $, until finally he was deported.

Of course, there are negative anecdotes against Trump as well. Not 500k though. Why do Democrats always think in terms of anecdotes rather statistics?

Spoken Like a 13 year old. There are so many things wrong in this diatribe I dont know where to begin. Your comments are sophomoric and child like. They clearly lack understanding of some of the most basic principles of modern society. You are also intentionally obfuscating the reality that Trump's presidency represents a dark turn towards political extremism of the most racist kind.

You say, "Democrats always think in terms of anecdotes rather [than] statisics.

Here's a few stats for you:

Since taking office, Trump's net approval rating in Florida has decreased by 25 points.

In Iowa: 22 points.

Michigan: 23 points

Ohio: 20 points

Georgia: 18 points

Trump won ALL of those states in 2016. He won because of the complacency among the Democrats, who didn't turn out the vote very strongly.

That will not happen this time.

Here it comes: "Polls don't matter. Polls are always wrong. All the polls said Hillary would win in a landslide."

Well, it's enthusiasm that the polls can't measure. I can guarantee you that this time around, the enthusiasm factor is going to be on the side of the Democrats. Anyone disagree?

• Infinity

Was there any rational basis for a plummeting disapproval rating? Do you have any statistics to show that the negative repercussions of Trump outweigh the positive?

• blu

Trump's disapproval has always been higher than approval.

I'd have to check but I think he's the only president in my lifetime who has never had higher approval than disapproval. The dem candidates have to be wringing their hands over this glaring weakness.

Look

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203207/trump-job-appr...

• blu

I agree ... I misread your q ... my mistake.

• Marduk

The fact that you can't tell means anything I write is useless. The fact that you come up with some number 500K is interesting. I remember under Obama, Trump supporters said 90,000,000 were without jobs. 2,000,000 have found jobs under Trump. How about the other 88,000,000? As to the jobs if they exist, yes, you got it, education. Kids go to college to learn the equivalent of basket weaving and have zero job skills. Has nothing to do with Trump (other than Trump U.) or Obama or anyone. Trump is an asshole and you can't understand that as you may think being an asshole is great. But people who send their kids into lifetime college debt for no good reason are also assholes as far as I'm concerned. Not everyone is college material, send them to trade school so they have no debt and can earn a living!!!!

• Infinity

"The fact that you come up with some number 500K is interesting." Did you read the CNBC article? 500k job openings in the manufacturing sector. We need more immigrants to fill those jobs.

• Jerome

Do cons understand the saying "it starts at the top".

The democrat ran cities you complain about so much. Who usually runs the state these cities are in? And who runs the country these states are in?

Now.

Where is all this money going that's being collected over the years from these economic centers?

Follow the money..........

i never signed the poll i doubt most Americans did either.

Cause that's what the group who bought the 'poll' want to show ........................

TRUMP 2020 !!

90% negative coverage in the MSM

Because most of America hangs up on those polls, so they often end up polling the same people over and over again.

Because a lot of Americans are liberal loons. Sad, but true.