How can I get into musical theatre with no experience?

Hello. I am a high school senior this year and i have a passion for musical theatre. Everytime I go to a musical its the most joy I have ever felt and all I can dream of is being up on stage. Ive always wanted to dance and sing, but my family doesnt have much money. I will be the first of my immediate family to... show more Hello. I am a high school senior this year and i have a passion for musical theatre. Everytime I go to a musical its the most joy I have ever felt and all I can dream of is being up on stage. Ive always wanted to dance and sing, but my family doesnt have much money. I will be the first of my immediate family to graduate high school. I got to play soccer until I turned 10, but my mom stopped signing me up. Point being, everyone in my town has parents that pay for their voice lessons and theatre memberships, but I cannot do that. I work two jobs to make barely any money and that also limits my free time. My only experience is dancing to zumba and Just Dance for the Wii, and I am in high school advanced choir. I am wondering if I can attend musical theatre college courses or if everything requires experience. I want to know if I can audition for musicals without any experience or if that varies by theatre.. I am just too nervous to reach out

Any advice is welcome and wanted
6 answers 6