linzi asked in PetsDogs Β· 6 months ago

How do u make dogs not bark all the time?

By not having any.

● "How do u make dogs not bark all the time?"

What's a "u make"? I know what a u-bend is.

Is it REALLY too hard for you to type "you make" ?

Using "make" shows totally the wrong attitude.

Your can't MAKE a dog do anything - it is not a computer programme.

YOU have to learn how to TRAIN the dog.

So here are some questions WE need information about:

πŸ’₯1: What AGE and BREED (or breeds) is your dog?

πŸ’₯2: Why did you choose it? - to do WHAT when it is a trained adult?

πŸ’₯3: How long have you had it? How old are YOU?

πŸ’₯4: From when until when each school day or work day is the dog "home alone"? WHERE is it during those hours?

πŸ’₯5: What commands have you so far managed to train it to ALWAYS obey? What rewards did you supply each time it got a command almost right?

πŸ’₯6: How many weekly training classes have you been in with THIS pooch, your attempts being observed then, one flaw at a time, YOU get COACHED to improve your awareness, body-language, consistency of commands, timing & use of the leash, of praise & rewards, of voice tones?

πŸ’₯7: At what times of the day and/or the night does your dog bark? Where is it at those times? Do you have any idea WHAT it is barking at?

As you have been in Y!A only 3 days, you probably don't yet know how to add that missing information.

So learn:

β˜† Click the [Edit] under your question.

β˜† Click the [Add Update] that will pop up.

β˜† Type your new information into the area that appears.

After you have checked & corrected your typing,

β˜† click [Submit] to irrevocably & permanently "glue" the new stuff below your question.

I've only once had to do more than train my GSDs to know when they were allowed to bark a warning, when they were required to merely watch until a visitor did "something wrong". That was an imported bỉtch who decided to bark joyously when I was teaching at school, while my other GSDs stayed quiet. Because they all knew the sound of my vehicle,I had to get the Dog Control Officer to drive me home, and as we turned into my 10-house cul-de-sac I could hear her barking. In her case the choice was between euthanasia or "de-barking" - a surgery that most vets refuse to do. I managed to persuade my vet to perform the operation (basically the same as cutting your vocal cords), after which Lieschen couldn't "bark" louder than a cough. So she lived and the neighbours were happy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

πŸ˜› To discuss GSDs, join some groups such as

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GSD_Friendly/i...

by sending an e-mail about yourself to the Subscribe address on that page.

The people in them KNOW about GSDs. Plus you can include several actual photos in your posts.

To find other groups or breeds, type the breed-name into the top field of

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/dir

then choose a couple of groups to Join - use the group's

Message History

on its /info page to make sure that it still has members who are ACTIVE.

πŸ˜› Also join

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/The_GSD_Source...

so that you can easily look up all sorts of information about dogs, especially GSDs. It is an "encyclopaedia" group (to which members can ask for new sources to be added), not a discussion group.

King Les The Lofty - first pup in 1950; GSD breeder & trainer as of 1968

Shock collar on maximum setting.

"U" train them not to bark all the time. "U" start when they are puppies.

• Maxi

Training and by exercising and socialising them daily, so mentally and physically they are tired, then they are less likely to bark to get rid of the energy they have and with training and you being consistant, it will stop within days

Google, 'stop excessive barking'

I on the contrary, I encourage my dogs to raise holly hvac at my front fence line. They run that front fence line like junkyard dogs. All day, all night. If there is someone or something on this street our dogs warn us. This whole street has high fences & big dogs behind them. All the dogs bark at whoever in walking down the street. Dead end road but heavy with people using this road as shortcut to shopping center.

• Kreaky Kiwi6 months agoReport

What's "holly havoc", [granny]" ?
      And you street CAN'T be a dead-end if it is also a "shortcut to (the) shopping centre".

• marty

There are sonic devices that emit a sound only a dog can hear when they bark. These will stop the dog from barking without hurting them. I have one in the house to keep them quiet while inside but you can use them anyplace. They really work.

• Robin

training from a puppy. My dogs never bark unless there is a target aninmal

Give them treats, attention, play with them, etc/etc

give them treats or put them in another room