atlas asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 4 months ago

Does wearing makeup everyday make you think that you look ugly without it?

I realize that I feel so ugly without makeup. I feel like I have so eyelashes and my skin looks greasy and gross. I never thought that when I never used to wear makeup and was used to my looks. But now that I’m used to what I look like with makeup I feel ugly without it. Does this happen to everyone ?

Usually. That’s why you shouldn’t wear it everyday unless you have a strong self esteem without it.

That is not makeups fault. How you feel about yourself comes from your thoughts and feelings and insecurities. Think "why do you feel this way" Are you trying to impress people? Who are the people you are trying to impress? If you went without makeup, how/why do you think it will negatively effect your day? Why are you feeling negatively about your own face?

Force yourself to go without for a while and you will get used to your own face again. I am a makeup artist and have to wear it for work, but I love going without makeup. I don't care what other people think of me, and I don't let my thoughts dwell on my looks. My looks are not that important to my life.

No I enjoy wearing makeup sometimes but I know it doesn't define my beauty and worth

no one is ugly. NO one

Not necessarily. I wear makeup every day, and it doesn't make me feel that I look ugly without it. I just find that I personally am more confident wearing it.

It can. Cos you're so used to seeing yourself with this sort of 'mask'. Try to slowly wear less each day. Try cut down to just lips and blush/mascara. Or whatever it is you feel you want to use most. Then maybe only use one product. Go out to run your errands- grocery shopping etc with that 1 product on. Keep doing this until you feel better. Then cut down to non. And do the same. Maybe use fresh glowy skincare products that make your skin feel better. It will take time. Then when you do wear makeup you will feel fabulous and when you remove it you'll feel good too hopefully.

But know that everyone looks different with makeup on, not just you. Accept that you are beautiful as your natural self-this is how God created you. Accept that makeup enhances your features but it doesn't take away your natural beauty. We all have imperfections. They are magnified through our eyes where others may not notice them.

defintely not keep your head up

100% yes. I'd say I'm a conventionally pretty person, and deep down I know that for a fact. But if I dont have absurdly pink cheeks, some crazy color on my eyes, and literally ANY lip color that isn't my natural one, I feel super gross and embarrassed. I have a really tough time actually accepting the truth (vs irrational thinking) but I've never felt that way when I see someone else without their normal makeup on. Try to remember you're still beautiful naturally too!

yeah it does to me... and it seems like it to everyone else

• kelvin

that would be a huge no