My mom accuses my of ridiculous behavior which I did not do???

Mainly, she accuses me of cutting small holes in her clothes or making marks with permanent marker on her clothes. I have never done this in my life, but I’ve been blamed for this unfairly since middle school. My mom clearly thinks it’s me and not my sister who has ruined her clothes, and I will be punished for it... show more Mainly, she accuses me of cutting small holes in her clothes or making marks with permanent marker on her clothes. I have never done this in my life, but I’ve been blamed for this unfairly since middle school. My mom clearly thinks it’s me and not my sister who has ruined her clothes, and I will be punished for it even though I try to explain I did not touch her clothes. This has persisted into me living at home during breaks at college. I am at a loss for how to convince her I did not touch her clothes when she already has her mind made up.

The clothes my mother believes I have purposely destroyed to “get back at her” ( I have no reason to seek revenge against my mom. I have no idea what’s she’s talking about) do seem to have small holes from wear, but also could be chewed up by or dog. She also seems to only start up these accusations when she’s particularly stressed out. There have been a few occasions where she’s accused me of stealing clothes and I e been punished, only to realize she just misplaced the item. I never get an apology. The whole situation is ludicrous and I feel like I’m going insane with the constant accusations of something I didn’t do that I cannot defend myself from.

How do I handle this impossible situation? Is there any way for me to convince my mom I am not touching her stuff, or will I be stuck as the scapegoat forever?