Why are people increasingly scared of asking someone for a date?

I am in a good relationship but many of my friends both male and female who are single won't ask someone they like in fear of rejection.

My male friends and my partners female friends will ask us how we got together? We both say it just happened neither of us asked we just got close and then became an item.

But why if it is obvious that two people like each other these days can one of them not pluck up the courage to ask the other one out?

We have a guy and girl we know who come out with us all the time and he has told me he adores her but thinks if he asks her she will say no.

The girl has told my partner that she loves him and can't understand why he hasn't made a move.

We have tried to get them together like taking them back to our home and going to bed and leaving them alone, only to find next morning one of them has got a taxi home.

We have told them just to get on with it but for some reason they won't.

Why is it such a problem when two people clearly want to be together but don't realise it and fear by asking they will be rejected when in reality they would both jump at the chance?

Increasingly scared compared to WHAT?

Fear of rejection is nothing new, particularly for young people.

At some point in time the desire to get laid overcomes the fear of rejection.

Leave them alone. They are adults. Going to bed when you have guests is rude. And expecting your guests to "get it on" when you abandon them is also rude and quite tacky. Butt out. If they want to date badly enough, they will.

Your ignorance is showing, troll

• steve

If you remain anonymous I could not give a flying F=ck about your opinion. So F=ck you.