My default engine is google, but Why does yahoo search engine come up?

Your default search engine only works when you search in the search box at the very top of the screen in the toolbar. If you are on a home page or other site with a built in search box you will be using their search engine. Here is an example. Notice the search box at the top of the page which I have my default engine set to DuckDuckGo. If I search there I am using my default engine. However if I search on the search box on AT&T home page I am using Google.

Did you actually set Google for your default browser

EDIT:

Try this

Open up Chrome

On the top right corner, click the three vertical dots

Select settings

Scroll to search engines

Remove the yahoo option, plus the others if you want too

If you receive an answer to your question that was right on target? Let the answerer and the Answers community know it was helpful by choosing it as "Best Answer.", Thanks!

My default engine is google, but Why does yahoo search engine come up when I search for something. It happens all the time and drives me crazy. PLEASE advise how to switch it back to google!!! I've been using google for as long as I remember ( the same mac), but a month ago, or so, it just switched.