Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Do I have a problem with authority or myself?

I don't hate taking other people into account, but I believe that everyone is their own person, are not property and thus should not be subject to authority. Well, as long as they aren't deliberately or actively seeking out to violate other people's rights.

That aside, I don't like living in a world where I'm subject to authority, rules and laws. That's why if I had the choice, I'd choose NOT to come here.

Favorite Answer

It all depends on what you think about "limits". You set your limits within reasonable societal guidelines, or those limits will be set for you by law. Go beyond those limits and end up in prison.

We have been subject to authority from our creation onward. Beginning with our first parents, Adam and Eve, who had but one law which was told us at Genesis 2:16+17: 'Jehovah God also gave this command to the man: "From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die." From that day forward, man has turned his back on God and now has, not just one law, but books of laws. Beginning with the family and the raising of children, there are rules that we must follow if we are to be happy. From my study of the Bible, I find that following God's rules has made me a happier person. Why? We are told at Psalms 19:7: "The law of Jehovah is perfect, restoring strength, The reminder of Jehovah is trustworthy, making the inexperienced one wise." Also Isaiah 48:17+18 says: "I, Jehovah, am your God, The One teaching you to benefit yourself, The One guiding you in the way you should walk. If only you would pay attention to my commandments! Then your peace would become just like a river and your righteousness like the waves of the sea." The Bible is our guide book from God showing us the way to true happiness. I invite you to learn more about what the Bible teaches from the international website, jw.org. Jehovah's Witnesses are preaching and teaching the Bible from North Pole to Antarctica and hundreds of thousands are responding, thus allowing it to change their lives for the good. There are videos on the website that are being watched earth-wide such as: Does God have a Name? What is God's Kingdom? Why did God Create the Earth? and Why Study the Bible? If you believe what you learned, you can request your free personal Bible study online or from the next witness who knocks on your door or by visiting your neighborhood Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses. There is never a collection taken and all are welcome. Thank you for this question.

• Retief

There is no law saying you have to come here, no one holding a gun to your head.

Pride is before a crash, And a haughty spirit before stumbling. Better to be humble among the meek Than to share the spoil of the haughty.

Source(s): Proverbs 16:18, 19

With yourself, if you could see authority as something good, and rules and regulations as something to help us, rather than put us down that will help you a lot in finding your place here. It's not easy, I also don't like authority and rules, but it is all necessary, without it , there would be chaos.