Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 5 months ago

Were all German people afraid of Hitler and his SS thugs or did some openly reject his concentration camps and extermination ovens?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Bob
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Hitler fostered a regime that one either followed or did not follow. The ones who did not follow were called 'Traitors' and were persecuted. If you need a modern day parallel to this, just look at the Republican rally yesterday.

• Jahal
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

The problem is that they ignored his hateful antisemitic rhetoric because they either didn't care, or didn't think he was a threat. It was too late once he got into power. (sound familiar? )

I saw a documentary showing how kids in Hitler's Youth would bully their parents because they were brainwashed by Hitler. They'd say I don't have to listen to you because Hitler is my father. The parents were terrified that they could be turned in by their own kids

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Most Germans weren't aware of what was happening in the camps. The guards who worked there didn't usually think twice about it and had been conditioned to see Jews as the enemy of Germany.

• 5 months ago

All German people were at risk while Heir Hitler and his henchmen were in power. Even parents were not safe from their children. Very very sad. ;-(

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • abdul
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

During his rule in Germany, those who opposed him ended up in those concentration camps.

• y
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No one openly rejected anything becouse if they did, they were dead. Secretly we now know that some did oppose, just had no power to do anything about it.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Most Germans loved him because he made the economy great, gave them national pride, raised their cultural morale & fought against their enemies.

• abdul
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

The Jews and the Pols were not the enemies of Germany. Neither was the rest of the world until he started his war.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.