How often and how my should I feed my fledgling waxwing?

Yesterday my dog found a little baby bird outside, I’m not sure how old he is but he’s definitely a fledgling as he’s trying to fly and has feathers but not his adult ones. His foot is injured so I’m taking care of that. How often and how much should I be feeding him? His schedule I’ve started on him today is 6am... show more Yesterday my dog found a little baby bird outside, I’m not sure how old he is but he’s definitely a fledgling as he’s trying to fly and has feathers but not his adult ones. His foot is injured so I’m taking care of that. How often and how much should I be feeding him? His schedule I’ve started on him today is 6am (which he didnt want to eat it this morning from his last feeding at 7pm yesterday), 9:30am, 1pm, 4pm and lastly 8pm. I’m feeding him berries, wet dog food and the powder for baby birds. I use a syringe and he usually only eats 1ml per feeding, is that normal? Am I over feeding or too little?

*before you say I should of left him where he was, I did. I left him in box out and no bird ever came. I took him inside and kept him immediately when a cat was only 3 feet away from his box trying to get him. His foot is also injured like I said and he wouldn’t of made it anyways. There is no near animal wildlife center or rehabilitation center than can take him either*
1 answer 1