Joel asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 6 months ago

I'm wondering how much leverage and lot size to use in forex. My account equity is £1000.?

Good forex brokers from https://tradingcenter.org

Visit this website for help

If your account equity is £1000. Then your leverage will be 1:200 and lot size maximum 2 standard lot can you used.

• Joel6 months agoReport

Wouldn’t 1:200 be quite large?

It would be easier to give an intelligent answer if you explained what your strategy, expectations and risk tolerance are.

If you do not at least understand that forex is a "zero sum game" (which means that for every dollar one trader makes on a contract another trader loses a dollar on the same contract) you probably should not use forex for investment purposes.

• Joel6 months agoReport

I do understand that concept. I’m not sure how knowledgeable you are in forex but... I trade mostly with technical analysis standard S/R trend-lines and indicators. I risk around 1% of my account equity on each single trade. I trade mainly cross pairs but trade one or two majors. 5-10% month return