Are dem voters more concerned with signaling virture than actual results from their representatives?

I asked a question earlier about the way that dems judge the effectiveness of their House representatives. The overwhelming responses from dems indicated that they feel that passing bills that will never become laws IS accomplishing something. It seems that as long as there was someone else to blame for a lack of... show more I asked a question earlier about the way that dems judge the effectiveness of their House representatives. The overwhelming responses from dems indicated that they feel that passing bills that will never become laws IS accomplishing something. It seems that as long as there was someone else to blame for a lack of results, actual results are not required.

I guess this makes sense. I have often observed strong support from dems for measures that will NOT fix the intended problem. Even after pointing out that the problem will not be resolved, we get a response like "but we HAVE to do SOMETHING".

As long as voters are convinced that results do not matter, and accomplishing nothing is doing SOMETHING, will we ever get results from congress?