I can’t sleep, I work 12 hrs Mon-Fri... Swing shift 2 weeks day shift / 2 weeks night shift. What can I do ?

I really think I can’t sleep due to stress .... I found myself getting less than 8 hrs a week of sleep. Some days/nights I can’t sleep at all. I also find myself at work unable to pay attention from being so tired and sleepy. I can’t sleep when I know I have to get up and go to work the next day but the days I am... show more I really think I can’t sleep due to stress .... I found myself getting less than 8 hrs a week of sleep. Some days/nights I can’t sleep at all. I also find myself at work unable to pay attention from being so tired and sleepy. I can’t sleep when I know I have to get up and go to work the next day but the days I am off I sleep on and off throughout the whole day... the crazy thing is I’m a 21 year old female ... I shouldn’t be this tired right ? At least that’s what I get told all the time. I don’t want to try sleeping pills ... bc I have before and my experience with those was terrible. What else can I do ?