Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 6 months ago

What's up with you old geezards born in the 80s 80s 60s 50s 40s?

I was born in 2003 and thank God cause you old geezards keep telling me to always put away my phone and get off social media and stop taking pictures of my food .

I'm sorry I live by these morals that if you don't post it then it never happened.

You guys are just mad that Instagram and Snapchat werent around when you guys were kids.

Yea btw the tide pod challenges were cool until you 9ld geezards ruined it by locking it up in grocery stores

Nothing at all......I laugh like hell every time I see one of you idiots walk into a pole, while texting furiously on your little "love me" devices.

I can't get enough of the Videoes on Youtube of idiots walking straight into fountains, or walking into traffic and getting hit by cars.

• audrey

Stay on social media, stay on your phone. Enjoy them. BUT enough with the food already. Everyone knows what food looks like!

We got a Polaroid 100 color print camera in 1960, took pix. Soon discovered it was messy, expensive, heavy, mostly not worth the trouble compared to the traditional roll film 35mm and Kodak 120 box cameras. Not that great an improvement.

People actually had to think about what they wrote down on paper in decent handwriting, putting it in an envelope, putting a stamp on it, dropping it in mailbox, and waiting a week for a reply.

Or finding a pay phone, or going over to wall or table to pick up the phone, dialing a number that was written down somewhere or in one's memory, and only doing voice communication, live, actually talking to each other.

Now--

Nobody writes anything down using good lettering--scribbles at best. Snail mail--almost unknown by the 21st centurites. Finding a phone--in your pocket. Remembering a number--in your contact list. Talking to someone--so last decade. Now texting is it.

Losing or dropping and breaking phone--disaster. Your life is over. And just wait until Kim pops a nuke 200 miles over Iowa. Most of US phone electronics will be BBQ victims.

Yes, modern life seems better. But so much has been lost.

Source(s): Used to watch Howdy Doody and Kukla, Fran and Ollie on b&w TV in Chicago in 1951. Dialed phone and spoke to Grandma by long distance too. Wrote Xmas cards and put stamps on envelopes. So 20th Century!

You seem to misunderstand the meaning of 'morals'. If you look it up on your phone, you might find a reasonable definition.

It doesn't bother me if you are obsessed with the irrelevant. It is your life to squander. It is not my place to tell you how to live provided you have no detrimental effect on me.

• joedlh

Most of us old geezers who did something yesterday are fully aware that it happened without having had to post it to social media. Furthermore, we are not deluded into thinking that if we post some inanity to social media it somehow becomes iconic and universally regarded as pithy.

Being a screen junkie gives a dopamine fix just like some other addictions. This is backed up by scientific research.

Laughing at the speshul snowflake who doesn't know what a "moral" actually is.

The power has been out at my house for two days. Speshul snowflake probably would have keeled over dead.