me asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 months ago

My ex husband and I have lived together with our daughter since she was born, although we are divorced what would custody look like?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

What would custody LOOK like?

If the two of you can't enter into a custody agreement, approved and filed by the Court, then a Judge will decide which one of you is better suited to have custody.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

It would look like whatever you agreed to. With no court order in place, you both have equal rights to the child at all times.

• 6 months ago

That depends entirely on what is agreed between you, your ex-husband and the courts.

• `
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Consult a lawyer who can review your case and advise you of your options.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

No one here can possibly answer this.

In a perfect world the two of you come to some kind of agreement. If you can't agree, then you'll both make your arguments to the judge and he/she will decide. Depending on how old your daughter is, the judge may consider her opinion as well.

If I had my druthers, you would both rotate in and out of the house and allow your daughter to sleep in the same bed in the same room in the same home every night. The fact that you adults no longer want to live together shouldn't mean your child now has to live out of a suitcase bouncing from here to there.

• 6 months ago

Sounds like your relationship is amicable (or at least was)...whatever you agree to will likely be approved by the court. If a contested custody proceeding, would need more information.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.