wowser
Lv 5
wowser asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

If the Republican party is the party of Lincoln why do Republicans embrace the confederate flag?

Why do they protest the removal of confederate statues

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Because they're ignorant of history and too stupid to learn.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

on the night that word of Lee's surrender at Appomattox reached Washington DC, celebrations spilled out onto the district's streets and revelers gathered outside the White House, complete with an impromptu band...

Lincoln himself emerged and characteristically shrugged off the cheers and applause so that he could wade into the crowd and celebrate as one of them....

...the band leader asked Lincoln to request a song, and to his surprise the President responded "Dixie....play Dixie."

the confused bandleader asked Lincoln: "But sir, why would you want us to play THEIR song at a moment like this?"

"We are ALL Americans, son..and it is OUR song, son...I've always been fond of it," Lincoln responded emotionally. "We are all Americans...always have been. Never forget that. That's what we're celebrating tonight..."

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Well the parties flipped.

Most people who educated themselves see that the Confederate flag is not raciat, but a historical time when Americans fought tyranny.

I'm a Trump supporter and have no love for Lincoln. The civil war was about Government power and controlling all the states.

There was more to it than slavery.

You had a war over taxes, land, assets, homes, livestock, resources, and state rights.

I think people who dismiss the south just want to mock today's Democrats because liberal cities are highly segregated, and Democrats really keep minorities in ghettos and inferior.

• TomB
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You mean the Battle Flag of the Southern Democrats and historical artwork?

Because they p!$$ off the left now and are examples of Freedom of Speech and because History should be learned from, not destroyed.

History - Hiding it won't change it....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Do we?

Really?

another brainless comment

• 6 months ago

Well you may have a good point here,,,,, wowoser,,,, if I was a democrat and my political history was rooted in slavery, Jim Crow laws, KKK, Dixiecrat's, opposing abolition, and succeeding from the union, I would want those statues torn down too.

But I'm not a democrat so I want those statues to stand to remind everyone of the true democrat party. So history is not repeated.

But if you insist,,,, than we must topple all the offensive monuments, and statues,

We must replace the monetary, and rename all offensive bridges, buildings, parks, airports, ships, cemetery’s, tunnels, highways, etc.

Everything George Washington for owning slaves.

Everything Thomas Jefferson for owning slaves.

Everything Andrew Jackson for the trail of tears.

Everything Robert Byrd, KKK Grand Kleagle.

Everything FDR for the Japanese internment camps.

Destroy Stone Mountain in Georgia,

Supreme Court Justice Hugo Black Memorial,, Klansman

Malcom X memorial black supremacist.

Mount Rushmore was stolen from Native Americans.

Every War memorial because, war is offensive.

The statue of Lenin in Seattle.

Even the 911 Memorial may be offensive to some Muslims.

If we are going to get politically correct let’s do it right.

Trump could rename it all, and put his name on all of it.

Majority of Americans want Confederate monuments to stay

https://nypost.com/2017/08/17/majority-of-american...

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.