what is the average power generated by a 1200 kg car as it accelerates from rest to 20 m/s in 10 s?
- MyRankLv 66 months ago
Average Power (Pavg) =?
Mass (m) = 1200 kg
Initial Velocity (u) = 0m/sec
final Velocity (v) = 20 m/sec
Time (t) = 10 sec
We know that,
Average Power (Pavg) = Energy change/ Time
= [½ m (Δv)²]/ Time (t)
= m (v - u)²/ 2 x t
= (1200 [20 - 0]²)/ 2 x 10
= (1200 x 400)/ 20
= 24000 W
∴ Average Power (Pavg) = 24 kwSource(s): http://myrank.co.in/
- Anonymous6 months ago
you eat fart and smell fart
- electron1Lv 76 months ago
The first step is to calculate the car’s kinetic energy.
Initial KE = ½ * 1200 * 20^2 = 240,000 J
Power = 240,000 ÷ 10 = 24,000 watts
- oldschoolLv 76 months ago
Yeah, yeah..... just gimme the answer and I might award best answer but probably not.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- sojsailLv 76 months ago
1. Calculate the kinetic energy of the car at 20 m/s.
2. Divide by the time to reach that speed.
Watts are equivalent to Joules/sec