Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 6 months ago

Why do only women always get blamed for this but never men???

Man cheats on woman, everybody: its okay, he is a man, he can do whatever he wants, men need fun, maybe something is wrong with her otherwise he wouldnt have cheated on her.

Woman cheats on man, everybody: dump that fvcking whoore, she isnt thrusthworthy and not worth it to keep, everybody loses their mind and hate on her.

Man goes with a married woman, she divorces her husband for him, everybody: Omg how could she?? That terrible whoore, how dare she leave her husband?? Nobody blames the other man or call him a homewrecker, he is innocent in everybody’s eyes because he is a man.

Woman goes with a married man, he divorces his wife for her, everybody: That fvcking whoore tore their marriage apart, she destroyed them, this is because of her, its all her fault, she is the guilty homewrecker, he is innocent in everybody’s eyes because he is a man.

So according to this sexist and misogynistic society men are innocent angels who do no wrong but just cant help it, they are just being men while women are the evil devils who are guilty for everything and are the only ones who should be blamed.

Fvck you society and sexist hypocrite people!

Yes a man can be a homewrecker just like a woman and a man cheating is just as bad as a woman cheating! Period!

Men shouldnt get away with this and get a free pass just for being male!!

Am I really the only one who blames both men and women for being cheaters or homewreckers??

What are you talking about? If anything it's the exact opposite.

• Foofa

If this is your life experience you run with a curious crowd because I've heard plenty of venom spewed at cheating men in my lifetime.

• K M

As a man, I understand what you're saying. Men have always cheated, and wives are supposed to just get over it, suck it up, stay true, , I could go on. Yes, it's a very unfair and unbalanced playing field! But these days not all men are falling into the category. In the porn industry, the fastest growing fetish is the cuckold fetish. Some men (at least now days) get off on the thought of their wife having sex with another man. They actually love their wife so much, that they want them to experience great sex! Even if that is with someone else. I experienced this back in my early 20's when there was no internet to find other people like me who found that sort of thing to be so erotic. My girlfriend would go out once or twice during the month, and she always brought home evidence that she'd been a very naughty girl. But the payoff was always how affectionate she'd be when she got home. She'd always let me do my favorite thing while she laid back and enjoyed it. Sometimes she'd even let me finish inside her. So I guess my point is have faith. Things are slowly turning around.

A good Women does not cheat

Misandry is the reason

Lies. Never heard of that double-standard.

• martin

It's the same old imperfection that's been causing trouble for many centuries: men have a much stronger need and drive than women do in that area. Also, throughout history, laws have been made by men, and business and society is built around male-oriented values. As women's lib progresses, there will be less and less of this injustice.

• Elana

You suffer from confirmation bias.

Others have asked a similar question with the genders reversed: Why is it so bad when men cheat and we give women a pass, saying it's something wrong with the guy?

Clearly, your premise, that ONLY women get blamed this, is false. It may be that it is MOSTLY women, or it may seem that way to you, but the only way to be even close to sure is COUNT, or at least come up with a reputable source for who gets blamed for infidelity.