Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 7 months ago

Can I legally move in with my boyfriend if I'm in high school?

My boyfriend is 19 and has his own place. He wants me to move in with him. I will be turning 18 in September and so can I legally move in with him even though I will still be in high school?

If 18 is the age of majority in the state you live in I don’t see why not. Once you become an adult your parents don’t have any control over it anymore. I mean if they’re helping you out financially they could refuse to continue but they can’t stop you from doing it

Honestly live with your parents till they die. They had you out of nothing more then selfishness, you didnt ask for any of this, they should have to take care of you until they ate gone.

If you want to have sex, get a hotel on the weekend.

Here is how it goes

You move in to get away from Mom and Dad's rules

Whoo-hoo life is great but then having no money hits and you get frustrated and so does he but there is still sex which you can now have like bunnies.

Oops now you are knocked up WAY to soon and school is no longer an option YOU have to get a JOB. Shack up still there? Well he won't be long and here comes the baby, here comes the baby and shack up is NO where in sight.

So you spend months of your life trying to chase him down for a dollar here and a dollar there and oh my god

YOU AND BABY have to go on welfare and let the taxpayers raise your child because daddy is a no good bum trying to evade child support.

Soon you are tired and totally exhausted and in all this bullshit who will suffer, another innocent child because YOU want to play house.

• crawdaddy7 months agoReport

Hence why I'm pro-mandatory abortion

• e9601:

Going to play house?? He wants free sex, someone to do his laundry, cook his meals and clean up after him. It won't last. Don't do it.

After you turn 18 you can legally live wherever you want to..

You can but let me point out a few things you just might not be thinking about. My daughter's friend did something similar and regrets it. At 18 she moved out to live with a boyfriend. Her parents stopped paying for her car, stopped paying for her car insurance, removed her from their health insurance and dental insurance. She basically moved out with the clothes on her back since they wouldn't allow her to take any furniture or any other high priced items in her room. She didn't care then. She learned the hard way that this was the wrong things to do.

Sadly her parents also disowned her. She is now 25, had broken up with her boyfriend less than a year after moving in. She has had to struggle on her own. I've allowed her to live here on and off with us, but we do not hand money over to her. I feed her meals and she says I'm more of a real mom than her own mom.

She has a job now and finally her own place. she also never finished highschool and working on getting her GED. She regrets her choice.

• Athena

SO he wants free sex and maid service and you want someone else to be your "daddy" so you can stay a cute little girl a few years longer.

Is that it?

Wow, and we blame MEN for all our problems.

Depending on your state, when you are 18 you can do what you like, HOWEVER, if you do move in with your new daddy you probably will NOT finish high school.

• Taylor7 months agoReport

You're literally retarded

• DON W

If you do so, there's a strong chance you'll never complete school and graduate. It would be far better to at least wait until you graduate, at which point you'll both be 18 and a high school graduate.

Legally per say no until your 18

• David

Of course you can.