Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 year ago

Hair loss when only shampooing hair?

So recently I started noticing what I feel like is noticeable thinning on top of my head. I tried to figure it how I was possibly thinning so I narrowed it down to when I’m shampooing my hair. I lose about 10-20 hairs every time I shampooed. I thought it was just my hair being wet but when I cleaned all the shampoo out my hair I don’t lose anymore strands. I’ve been using this shampo for a while and I started to notice this recently so I don’t think it’s the shampoo. Anyone experience the same thing?

Also take a shot every time I said shampoo :)

• marty
    1 year ago

While washing hair is sometimes blamed for excessive hair loss, the process of wetting, shampooing and massaging the hair simply aids in the shedding of already-loose hair strands. If excessive shedding or abnormal hair loss occurs, this is related to something other than shampooing or washing the hair.

• WB
    1 year ago

Try a different shampoo for a week. If it stops, throw the old shampoo away.