Lee asked in PetsDogs · 6 months ago

What's wrong with my dog?

I have a 2 month old yorkie and a German shepherd. The two dogs were playing and then all of a sudden I heard a massive cry coming from my yorkie. His eye seemed to be sore at the start and was very closed. But gradually it is opening back up. Still looks a tad sore though. Since this happened this morning he hasn t been himself. No energy, not his hyper self. Wont eat or drink and all he wants to do now is sleep. And he seems really nervous aswell which is a first. He seems to be able to walk ok and doesnt seem to have any pain bar his eye. Can someone please explain why hes like this?

• PR
    Favorite Answer

Call the vet. They will tell you what to do. Probably playing and got too rough.

• Lee6 months agoReport

Brought to vet. All is good

An 8 week old puppy has no business playing with an adult GSD. Surprised the pup isn't dead or dying.

You need to get that pup to a Vet immediately if not sooner.

You have chosen to get a very poor choice in a second dog. It is NEVER advised (if the GSD is yours) to get a dog that is more than 25 pounds difference IN SIZE from your other dog. Even if the GSD meant no harm - it can BADLY INJURE (or KILL) any puppy but it can injure at any point in its life a small YORKIE (even with a paw, or a body-slam, not nec. a full-on bite.)

The GSD nipped or bit near the Yorkie's EYE (very common place for a bite in children OR dogs) and now there is some damage or a scratch to the cornea - see the vet, ASAP!

• E. H. Amos

Eye injuries are painful and ALWAYS serious!!!!

For heavens sake, GO TO THE VET.

• Gabe

Sounds like a neglectful owner.

Your GSD probably bit him. He is an interloper to your older dog. 'Play' can get rough especially if the older dog is jealous or protecting his domain. You need to keep a very close eye on them and don't leave them together out of your sight. You may think it won't happen but your GSD can dispatch the Yorkie in the blink of an eye.

• Lee6 months agoReport

Does this explain his nervousness? Should I bring him to my vet?

Maybe she pulled a muscle?