A guy I was classmates with keeps calling me his best friend?

I was in a small group communication class a 4 months ago and I was put into a group with this one guy where we hung out. We have only hung out a handful of times and already he keeps saying we're best friends. I mainly go along with it because I don't really have anyone else to hang out with. He's... show more I was in a small group communication class a 4 months ago and I was put into a group with this one guy where we hung out. We have only hung out a handful of times and already he keeps saying we're best friends. I mainly go along with it because I don't really have anyone else to hang out with. He's always trying to call me or text me to hang out with him and I really don't want to anymore. Even when we do hang out with each other we don't really talk about anything interesting. We talk about our families, our goals and some of the stuff we like and not much else. I pretty much have ghosted him after this because I found him annoying. A few days ago he tries to call me so I just end up putting my phone on mute and ignored him and when I looked back on my phone I found he tried to call me 140 times. What should I do about this guy?