What do you call the bar usually located at the bottom of a computer screen?

What do you call the bar that is usually located at the bottom of a computer screen? And how do you move it from the bottom the side for example? I hope I have explained myself, it is usually where google is you buy a computer?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It is called the Task Bar

Right-click start

Click properties

Click Taskbar

To the right of "Taskbar on screen" make your change option you want there

If you receive an answer to your question that was right on target? Let the answerer and the Answers community know it was helpful by choosing it as "Best Answer.", Thanks!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

It is called the "taskbar." It includes the "Start" button on the left end and the clock on the right.

You can normally move the bar by clicking on it, holding down the moue button and dragging the taskbar to a new location.

It is possible to "lock" so it can not be moved. Right click on the taskbar and near the bottom of the menu that appears will be an option to Lock the Taskbar. Make sure that is not checked.

• SRΛSC
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

That would depend on what OS you are using.

Windows - Taskbar

macOS - Dock

To move the Taskbar you 1st make sure it isn't locked in position & simply drag to which side you want.

To move the Dock right click a blank area & you'd see the option Position On Screen

• 6 months ago

Taskbar on windows.

You move it to the side by left clicking on a part of the taskbar that doesn’t have any icons and drag it to the side then release the left button.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.