How to stop relying on god?

God is an ugly person and he has never blessed me nor answered my prayers, even when I was a Christian and repented of sin he has never lifted a finger to help me. How to stop relying on him for help?

Favorite Answer

Just stop praying to him..... You gotta be selfish and do whats best for you...be more logical and practical

Awww, just pick up your marbles and go home.

You don't, and you can't. You depend on God for life from breath to breath. Mortality might be an untenable situation.

He shall only fail to save your life once, if you are lucky.

God is not ugly. He NEVER said that our lives would be easy. We would have a lot of ups and downs.. Your lack of humility is going to land you in a very bad situation down the road. If you turn your back on God, you will never be blessed, and even if things were to go well for you, it's only temporary, because then there is the final judgment when all of us must stand before him and give an account to him of our lives. It's ok to be angry with God. But tell him, and ask him what you must do to have those blessings. First your love for Christ and God has to be genuine or God will not be eager to bless you. Go into the bible and ask him to show you a passage that will correspond with what's going on in your life. Don't turn your back on him.

• David

Clearly you never STARTED relying on him.

• Carym

How to stop relying on God?

That is impossible!

God is our Source - we know that to be true. Our awareness and understanding come from Him; and His active love is seen in nature, which maintains and nourishes us, regardless of our characteristics and/or treatment of Him, and His laws. [Matthew 5:45].

Dependence on God is the realization that apart from His will we cannot presume even our next breath.

Get rid of the book of fairy tales, and live in the real world.

• God

There is no god to be good or bad.

• Jea

How do you rely on something that is imaginary?

God is a made-up bad guy designed to scare the money from you.

Never mistake a church for anything but the money factory it is, it exists only to make money. Those that don't make huge profit are shut down, like any other business. The whole thing is one big fraud.

• Jea

That is the church, not me. I have my own money, I need not scam folks for it. Why is it ALWAYS a lie from you? Sorry you grew up dishonest.

By learning how to separate fantasy from reality.

All civilizations had their own religions with their own stories about their own gods. Later they all turned out to be nothing but stories, no actual gods. There is no reason to assume that todays religions are any different in that regard.