Found evidence of termites in a home. We want to Have someone check behind Sheetrock or siding. Who do I contact for this?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Termite people will do an inspection.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

My question seems to be confusing everyone. We hired a pest control company. That is how we know about the termites. However they said I’d need to hire someone else to come check behinds the walls or the outside siding of the house. Idk what type of professional to hire for this. Another pest company who can do a more invasive inspection? A contractor? An engineer?

• ...Show all comments
    • SimplytheFACTS
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

i'd recommend a mom and pop owner operated company rather than a large company that hires low pay low skill techs.

• 6 months ago

an exterminator......if you are the owner...ok, if you have permission of the owner.

• Kait6 months agoReport

We are not. We are buying this home. Owner has approved us to do a more invasive inspection at our own expense.

• 6 months ago

Any pest control company will work just fine.

• Kait6 months agoReport

I hired a pest control company and they are the ones who told me about the signs but said that I’d need to have someone come look inside the walls and or behind siding of house. Don’t know what type of person to hire for this? A contractor? Structural engineer?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

do u have insurance? if i have any questions about my house i call insurance. they always know whom to contact for what

• ...Show all comments
    • Kait6 months agoReport

We do not own this home yet. We are buying this house. Owner has approved a more invasive inspection at our own expense.

• 6 months ago

Any pest control company.

• Kait6 months agoReport

I hired a pest control company and they are the ones who told me about the signs but said that I’d need to have someone come look inside the walls and or behind siding of house. Don’t know what type of person to hire for this? A contractor? Structural engineer?

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Any terminate company in your area. They do inspections. Speak to a few before they come out to get comfort on their methods. This is typically non-invasive.

• ...Show all comments
    • DEBS
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

If there are termites around, they WILL come back. Not the next day, but give it a couple years and they'll be there again. It's no different than ants, spiders, or any other bug.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.