Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

please help?

My daughter (17 years old) is obsessed with always moving or being moved. for example, if i'm driving and she's sitting in the car, she'd listen to music and look out the window and it would be good, but as soon as I stop at a stop sign or red light she would get super annoyed and angry. Also she walks a lot, she cannot stay still. movement seems to calm her down. she loves the swings at the park. she can swing for hours with her music playing and call it "therapeutic". she never wants to stop moving or be moved, or she'll get extremely irritated and upset. Is this a concern or is it just teenage years that she'll grow out of? Thank you

5 Answers

Relevance
  • falcon
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Yes this should concern for you take her for evaluation before her condition will get worse. Tackle the problem ASAP

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

It sounds like an anxiety disorder.

Go and see a professional.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Try slapping her.

• Sparky
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

It sounds like she needs to learn patience.

It's also possible that she has some autistic tendencies.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Like a kid that can’t stop rocking themselves. The movement is not actually therapeutic, it’s at best, distracting. There is, it would seem, a cause for concern here. Sounds like an anxiety disorder. How is she feeling when she is still?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.