Holly asked in HealthWomen's Health · 6 months ago

Birth control pill question?

When you have break through bleeding on the days you take the placebo pill, will your bleeding go away as soon as you start the hormone pills again? I started bleeding 3 days into the placebo pills but I’m wanting to start a new pack before the seven days and I want to know if your period ends as soon as you take the pill again

• MissA
    Favorite Answer

It kind of depends on your body’s own response to hormones. It’s not going to shut the blood off like a faucet or anything

• Pippin

The bleeding you get on the placebo pills is not breakthrough bleeding. It's the expected bleed you get at the end of every pack. Breakthrough bleeding is spotting that sometimes happens during the active pills.

Starting a new pack early will not make the bleeding stop.

• Tavy

No it does not end and you should follow the instructions . Once you start messing about with dosage you are putting yourself at risk of pregnancy.