Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 4 months ago

How to make this stray cat go away?

So, a stray kitten has been staying outside my house for a few days now. It's friendly and I have been able to pick it up.

He keeps meowing almost all day. I gave it some food and water out of pity but now it won't go away. Still keeps meowing almost endlessly.

Help pls? I'm not looking for a pet right now...

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago
    Best Answer

You fed the cat, so it isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Unless you want to keep it, you only have few options. One, take the cat to a shelter. Keep in mind, many are over crowded, and have waiting lists. Many also have mandatory surrender fees. Don't listen to idiots who tell you to only take the cat to a no-kill shelter. If you find a shelter who will take the cat, get it over there. Cats are extremely over populated. It is absolutely impossible to find a home for every single cat who needs one. Would it be ideal? Of course. Is it realistic? Not in the least. It may be sad, but it's reality. If cats didn't get put down regularly, the overpopulation would be even worse than it is now. There aren't enough shelters or homes to take in every cat and feed them for a lifetime. Two, if you have an animal control agency where you live, give them a call and see if they can help. Three, you can put the cat down yourself if you have the means. Bullets are cheaper than the idiotic mandatory surrender fees that a lot of so-called shelters have. If you have a gun, know how to use it, know where to aim, and if you can take it some place where it's legal to discharge a firearm, just put it down yourself. If you can't, maybe you know someone who can do it for you.

• patty
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

take it to a shelter.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

You feed a cat and then expect it to just go away?

Stupidity is alive and well.

And who are the retards that are thumbing down correct answers?

• 4 months ago

A month with no talking to the cat. Ignore. No food offering. No petting... Don't look at it. Look away.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Wow aren't you a heartless @%^&. Take it to a no-kill shelter and surrender it to them.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

It will die without food and water. Look for its owners. If it has no owners take it to the shelter where it will find a forever

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Take the stray to a rescue group or the shelter if you don't want to keep it.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

You will have to take it to a shelter then, you made a big mistake, you fed it, it now sees you as a source, it's only source of food, be kind, take it to where it can get proper care.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Well you could take a photo, make a poster, post it on every nearby place people frequant saying If you lost this cat or know who's it is call me at xxxxxxxxx.

Or

You could take it to your local animal shelter

Or

No more water/food/attention...don't even look at him and sooner or latter he will go away

• 4 months agoReport

It will die without food and water

• 4 months ago

don't feed it or it will keep coming back, duh.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.