Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 6 months ago

I haven't picked out a name for my baby - i have 5 weeks left - has anyone else been in this situation before?

I am not flapping or majorly stressed because of it as I hope when my baby is here, I will just be able to choose a name much easier with my partner after giving birth - other than us second guessing whether he'll suit it or if it sounds good enough, as I the names I thought of I am not crazy about so I think when he's here it'll be easier to pick one?

Favorite Answer

No. I like Josh, Joshua, Arlo, Theo, Jack, Ethan, Harrison, James, Carter, Luke, Mason, Logan, Alexander, Ellis, Elliot, Joe, Kian, Luke, Eden and Rory for a boy.

For a girl I like Ellie, Taylor, Alex, Alexandra, Aaliyah, Thea, Cora, Naomi, Amelie, Holly, Georgia, Evie, Eden, Harper, Isabella, Chloe, Millie and Indie. Do you like any of those ? Let me know what you call him/her x

Jules and Tearose

• I suggest any thing starting with blimp

I think it would be a good idea to have a shorlist for either gender, hen decide what name suits wen he/she arrives. My best friend growing up didn't have a name for a week because the doctor told her parents that they were having a boy and they didn't have a girls name picked out.

• sorcha

I know a lot of people who waited till the child was born to decide. That said, it would be good to have a few ideas as after having a baby is a fairly chaotic time and lack of sleep, lots of hormones etc take us out of our normal minds and a name is a fairly important decision. I am a planner and I love names so I had a name in advance however I was asked to change middle names at the request of an in law. I was fine with changing middle names s ir was important to my husbands family but wished I could go back now and still respect their wishes but choose a different variation (at the time I just wasn’t thinking clearly).

Most of us change our minds often. I had at least 2 names for each gender. When the baby arrived, I simply held him/her and spoke the names for a response or to simply discover which one flowed from my lips easily.

Yes. In England you get six weeks to register a baby, so decide the name. I think in Scotland it's four. No need to panic at all.

• GB

Yup. There is a register of births, marriages, and deaths. Up to about the 1960s in the UK, A marriage licence cost the same as a dog licence.

much wiser than asking us to name the baby

Your husband will be happy with any name you choose (as long as it isn't the mailman's).

• C

Don't stress. I know so many couples who had a name all picked out and then when the baby was born and they held it in their arms and looked into their tiny, little face just knew that a completely different name was the right name.