Bret asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 7 months ago

Question about Glock 22?

sorry new to Glock and still learning. What is this pin? and is it supposed to be bent slightly? what is it for?

• BBean
    Favorite Answer

Others have told you what it is and one has told you it is supposed to have a slight twist....so, just to add my input is how it works. Immediately after firing the slide is blown back with a spent casing held by the extractor claw which is that rectangular object opposite of the ejector. The "bend" on the "pin" of which you are concerned about has been pushed towards the wall of the slide applying sidewards pressure against the cartridge case from the time it was picked up from the magazine. The extractor captures the case until it clears the barrel (with the ejector pressure still spring loaded) and when the case mouth has become clear of obstruction...zing! the case is flipped into the air. Oh, the slight twist...just to conform with the case and extra strength to push the ejector to spring load.

I may change my answer or delete because I will leave it all to a Glock fan which I am not.

BTW, congratulations for producing a picture....so many do not and expect us to know what they are talking about.

• BBean

I used the term "blown back" loosely describing the backward slide movement. Glock 22 is NOT a blowback type semi-auto but rather a recoil type. Thanks for BA.

you broke it!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the ejector which is inserted into the trigger housing. It is supposed to be slightly twisted. No problem.

That is the spent case ejector pin.

The shape is how it is machined.