is it ok to not talk to or answer my mum or dad when im unhappy about something in order to annoy them?

when im unhappy about something by my mum or dad I like to not answer them when they talk to me to annoy them. is it a good idea?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

no, thats not a good idea, you should talk to them about whats making you feel that way

• Login to reply the answers
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

no, thats not a good idea

• 7 months ago

If you continue to ignore your parents when they are trying to talk to you, then you will annoy them even more and make things worse for yourself. Ignoring your parents is not the way you work out problems. Listen to your parents and answer them when they are trying to talk to you about something. They know a lot more than you do.

Ignoring them is disrespectful, immature and childish. Grow up and start acting your age. Your parents have experienced things in life that you have not. Take their advice. They love you and want the best for you. How would you feel, if you were trying to talk to someone and they ignored you?

• Z
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

It depends. Would you like it if your kids did the same to you? If the answer is NO, then it is better to stop doing so now. Otherwise, you will do it with your spouse and your kids will learn the behaviour and when they grow up they will do it TO YOU. It would be better to learn to be tolerant with the people you live with and accept that they can never make you happy 100% of the time even if they tried their very best to do so. When your parents make you unhappy, try to overlook this by thinking of the many times that they have done things that made you happy. So long as the happy things are more, then you should be able to forgive them.

But if you are being silent because you want to avoid making matters worse by talking, then it means that you are being respectful and careful not to say things that might hurt other people's feelings. In this case, it would be acceptable to remain silent when people talk to you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Annoying your parents is NEVER a good idea. NEVER!

• 7 months ago

It's what 3 year olds do, hoping the situation will go away.

It is incredibly juvenile and solves nothing.

Wouldn't you rather your parents treated you with respect as a young adult?

That would mean you growing up mentally and being mature though

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.