Should I ask him for permission? Would it be wrong?

I like my friends ex-girlfriend and I’m not sure what would happen if I pursued her. This is one of my childhood friends and he went out with her for over 3 years. We both met her at the same time and he ended up with her. For 3 years I didn’t think about her or even talk to her. It’s been almost a year and we’re... show more I like my friends ex-girlfriend and I’m not sure what would happen if I pursued her. This is one of my childhood friends and he went out with her for over 3 years. We both met her at the same time and he ended up with her. For 3 years I didn’t think about her or even talk to her. It’s been almost a year and we’re both single. We’ve been hanging out and talking non-stop and she’s going with me to one of my work friends wedding. I feel like she’s waiting for me to make a move and I’m conflicted on what to do. Her ex is my friend, but I’ve know her as long as he has and I’m terrified of missing my chance like I did 3 years ago. I’m almost 25 and don’t want to miss my chance, but I also don’t want to lose him. Is this wrong? Should I ask him for permission?
6 answers 6