Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAlternativeParanormal Phenomena · 7 months ago

What’s your favourite paranormal hoax?

This is a question mainly directed at sceptical persons ( I don’t want you guys to feel left out in a subject you clearly like) but also believers as most believers enjoy a little scepticism too.

Mine would be the Bermuda Triangle... although if you think I’m wrong please let me know as I may be

https://amp.livescience.com/23435-bermuda-triangle...

9 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 7
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Growing up in the Pacific Northwest, it has to be Sasquatch. That legend made camping and hiking in Skamania County just a little more fun. Check out the Skamania County Sasquatch ordinance link in the comments :)

• ...Show all comments
    • 7 months agoReport

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/nature/unidentified-big-cat-filmed-near-military-base-1763593.html?amp

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

The Christian paradise. You get your reward after death.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

The Blair Witch Project.

• Dr. NG
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I have to say the TAPS guys and their Ghost Hunter TV show. While there were other paranormal shows before, TAPS opened the floodgate for paranormal phoniness. Why look for ghosts only at night? Why not turn on the lights? Could it be to make it more spooky with night vision and all? I especially like when they found a haunting by a fictional character,

https://skepticalinquirer.org/newsletter/scientifi...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mr. P
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Mothman.

Anyone looking back at the original reports today can see it was a cover up for the USAF trying to develop wing suits for personnel with night vision capabilities in secret.

They succeeded eventually, but not without a lot of embarrassment.

• ...Show all comments
    • Nine Lives
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

That may be but Mothman is appearing before some accidents are going to happen. Even at Tchernobyl, he was been observed days and weeks before.

• Dixon
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

James Randi and Project Alpha

• 7 months ago

Lourdes does it for me. All those crutches yet not one wooden leg.

• How about the Cottingley Fairies, it's hard to believe for a moment that anyone thought that they might be real fairies or any sort of evidence of physic phenomenon.

• Not
    Lv 4
    7 months ago

I think the story of a alien space pod runway under the ocean was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen in a documentary.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.