Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 7 months ago

She hates me?

My stepmom hates me. I'm 18 and she's 37. She has a son who's 6. She never wants to talk to me. She'll often scream at me for literally no reason. When I was planning my dad's birthday party and asked her if she wanted to help plan it with me, her response was "I'm not interested in talking to you". I don't understand why she hates me, because I'm honestly not a burden to her. I do my chores and keep the house clean, I have a part time job job and I pay a third of the rent. I'm not loud or anything, when I see my friends I go to their houses, I never have anyone over. And most of the time, unless I'm eating or doing my chores, I stay in my room. I'm no bother to her whatsoever. Why does she hate me so much?

Favorite Answer

First, have you talked to your dad? What does he say?

The other thing that struck me is you're paying 1/3 of the rent. Most 18 year olds don't get asked to do this. More importantly, if you can afford 1/3 of the rent, this increases the odds you can afford a room in a group home, especially if you take on a 2nd pt job. Have you considered this? They're fun, cheap and easy to get into. More importantly, you'd be proving to your dad you're an adult who demands respect. Most people don't have to do this quite so young, but it's pretty impressive if you can pull it off.

If you don't think you're ready for this, then obviously your best bet is to ask your stepmom directly why she hates you. The way you described this, it's not an unfair question.

• Foofa

Ask your dad to ask her what the problem is. He's the one who chose to marry her.

• shaman

Maybe you should just out right ask her. Have I done something to piss you off and not like me. Cause honestly I'm tired of the bs you give me when I've done nothing but be nice to you.

you should move out, she might hate you because shes jealous of you or she doesnt like how you treat her son

She's jealous. Woman are terrible toward each other. You are sharing your dad with her and she wants him all to herself. Its not you. Just ignore her.

So sad try to convince her.......

She probably doesn't hate you but if she's been on the scene for 6 years she's been around you while you were at the horrible teenage stage of your life - plus she had a new husband and a new baby to deal with too. Now she's sort of stuck in that rut while you, at 18, have turned into a nice person without her noticing. I don't know if you are male or female. If a female, you would also be an unconscious 'rival' for your father's affections which doesn't make life easy either. Your father is the common denominator here - apart from your half-brother - so HE should have a bit of input into this wrangle. You shouldn't run her down to him but you could tell him you feel she hates you and it makes you feel unhappy and what can you/HE do to help resolve the issues. It's not easy for a single woman to come into a ready-made family and suddenly become 'mother' to step-children and cope with first pregnancy and motherhood all at the same time. It's hard enough dealing with just a husband - let alone ready-made offspring.....especially if she's pretty young herself.

It's really hard to say, but there are two sides to every story. From this perspective I don't see you doing any wrong so I can't imagine why (not to say your doing something). I would just not let it get to you, don't let negative people put you down or try and seek their approval. It's not worth your time and don't let them decide your emotions.

She probably secretly wants your díck. I fùcked my stepmom who is 14 years older than me, so trust me it’s possible.

Time to leave home