Steve asked in Games & RecreationCard Games · 6 months ago

Lair of Darkness yugioh question?

Here is the effect:

All face-up monsters on the field become DARK. Once per turn, if you would Tribute a monster you control to activate a card effect, you can Tribute 1 DARK monster your opponent controls, even though you do not control it. Once per turn, during the End Phase: Special Summon as many "Torment Tokens" (Fiend/DARK/Level 3/ATK 1000/DEF 1000) as possible to the turn player's field in Defense Position, up to the number of monsters Tributed this turn while this card was face-up.

____________

Q: If it's my turn and I during my turn I tributed a monster for an effect, at the end phase of my turn do I get to special summon a token to my side of the field? The field spell card belongs to my opponent.

• Cantra
    Favorite Answer

You will get a token, yes. Just a technical point, Lair of Darkness' controller is the one who is instructed to do the summoning, regardless of whose turn it is. So at the end of your turn, your opponent is the one who summons the token to your side of the field. It's not you who gets to summon them. I don't think this affects anything in the slightest (maybe affecting a few other card interactions) and it's the same outcome as if you summoned it, but it's a technicality I wanted to highlight.