Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 7 months ago

I want to know if it would be okay for me to add isopropyl alcohol to my kitten’s wipes to disinfect her paws once she leaves the litter?

Update:

She is seven weeks old and litter trained but still pretty “stumble” upon leaving and when covering up her poop. Today I had a panic attack because she stepped in her poop when leaving the litter box and when she jump, it slung all over her legs and bottom. She does NOT like water, so attempting a bath was not an option. I wiped her as much as I could with her kitten wipes but still I felt that was NOT enough for feces. Especially considering the fact that she loves spending time on my bed!

Update 2:

What’s your favorite Oreo?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No, because she may lick her paws and then she could get a hold to it that way.Maybe use soap and water...Also be careful because some of these people it's really toxic on here.

• R.G7 months agoReport

Thank you!

And you’re right, they are extremely unnecessarily toxic.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

Teach kitten to bury her poop without the poop touching the kitten. Only worry about the litter sticking to the fur.

• 7 months ago

If your OCD is this bad you had NO business getting a kitten!!

• R.G7 months agoReport

Basic cleanliness and OCD are not the same. NO ONE like feces. So if you’re going to be an asshole, you have NO business commenting here.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

NO. Never put any alcohol on your kitten - they lick their fur, feet, etc and can be poisoned. Your kitten will not be 100% litter pan trained till 3-4 months old. So she will make mistakes and may or may not cover the feces.

All you need to do if she gets something on her feet is to "spot" wash her with a little warm water, soap, and a washcloth. Don't use baby wipes or anything else.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

No, they lick their paws.

• J C
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

No, you need to use only soap and water. You also need to be using a non-clumping litter - plain old clay, or something like World's Best. Your kitten should not have runny feces - take both her and a fresh stool sample to the vet. She needs to be started on vaccines, and likely wormed and flea treated. Note that a 7 week old kitten is really not old enough to live it's mom and siblings - The age post weaning is when they master litter box skills and learn their "manners" like not biting when playing, and also keeping claws in. She is barely old enough to be using a litter box, let alone know how to jump out without stepping in the waste. Alcohol is toxic when ingested and that is exactly what she will do - lick it off her paws. You need to learn a better coping strategy when you have a pet - they have hairballs, they shed. Sometimes they get sick. And they need vet care and quality food. Call the vet today and get her seen - scoop up some of the poo and put it in a zip-lock baggie to take with you. If you are feeding her a dry food, check the ingredients. Most of them are mostly corn, and cats do NOT digest corn well, and undigested food means stinky poo. Feed her a quality kitten CANNED food with a real meat as the first ingredient - at the grocery stores you can get Fancy Feast Kitten, and Blue Buffalo kitten. Read labels - real meat (not by-products) should be the first ingredient on the list. Proper food also will help with better formed poop. She will learn to cover eventually - but that takes time. Make her vet appointment, feed her the right food, and use only soap and water to clean her up.

• PR
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

You should be using NON-clumping litter. That should be less problematic for a small kitten. Clumping litter is considered not only dangerous due to possible ingestion, but will stick to the paws and even dry almost like cement to their toes.

Alcohol would be drying to the kitten's skin so would not be good for her. Whether the kitten likes water or not, you can still use a little pan with some water in it to swish her paws. You might even put one or two drops of dish soap in it. Then, wipe thoroughly and dry them.

If your kitten's poops are mushy, you need to determine why. Some reasons could be:

-Feeding cow's milk

-Parasites

-Poor food or wrong food

If your kitten has stepped in her poop and it is sticking to her paws, it sounds like it is not formed, and her digestion or above issues need to be assessed. Other than that, if you plan on having a cat, you ought to get used to a little mess.

If the kitten's poop is mushy and sticking to her, she needs to see the vet.

• patty
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

no as she may lick this

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

I doubt that very much, ask your vet.

If you suffer from mysophobia and having "panic attacks" perhaps sharing your home with an animal is not a good idea.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Well, feel free to ask that very question. Like, an actual, proper question.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.