Katie asked in HealthDental · 5 months ago

Is there a way to permanently numb my teeth?

I m only 20 and it hurts to brush. Just the toothpaste touching the tooth can cause extreme pain. Yes, it s my own fault for not brushing as a kid, but I finally got to doing it twice a day and now I need help. I use sensodyne but it doesn t do anything. I just want the nerves in my teeth to be totally dead if that s possible/safe.

• angie

It is not possible it is not safe it is living tissue. You can rinse with warm salt water and spit it out. You can take a pain reliever. You can pat Orajel on it. You can fill a sock with rice, put it in the microwave for a few seconds and hold it against your jaw but SEE A DENTIST at some point. Try and rinse with a gentle mouth wash everyday too

• patty

I had problem with sensitivity in my tooth so I stopped eating hard food and only ate soft food for a long while. after a while the sensitivity went away.