When should I start applying to jobs before college graduation?

I graduate with my undergraduate degree in December and am wondering when I should start applying to professional jobs during my last semester. I don’t want to come across as hasty, but am in hopes of locking something up early so I can plan ahead for living arrangements and career prospects. Any suggestions?

It depends on the field you are going into. It is a little early to be applying for jobs now unless you know that the hiring decisions take six months. Are you going to apply to a company that hires a lot of new grads and has a new grad program? If so, those companies don't expect you to start working immediately. Other companies that post a job opening are looking for an employee to start within a month or two. If you will not be available until January, it is too early to apply to those jobs. You also have to consider whether you are only applying to the area near your university or if you'd need to travel to an interview and how that would impact you.

Octoberrrrr (when it starts getting cold)