How can I stop feeling so much distress?

I thought that after high school, that was it. College was not going to be a social situation and I could just avoid all the assholes. I started a group chat for my college class and they started bullying my professor behind her back. I was in awe, especially since I had chosen a 4-year university over community... show more I thought that after high school, that was it. College was not going to be a social situation and I could just avoid all the assholes. I started a group chat for my college class and they started bullying my professor behind her back. I was in awe, especially since I had chosen a 4-year university over community college. How could these people be paying so much money for their tuition and find so much time in their day to insult and disrespect someone who is trying to teach.

I advocated for her and I got called something along the lines of a mood killer and more. I just feel really distressed. I hate how evil these people are and it's hard to not pay attention to this. I have a hard time finding value in a life where there is so much hate surrounding me. I just want good energy and this class is sucking that positivity out of me. What do I do? How can I feel better?