Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 7 months ago

How can I convince my parents to get me a cat?

My parents know I really want a cat. But, since I'm not the favourite child they don't really care. I've done nothing bad, they know I'm suffering but still won't get me a cat. We are pretty poor, but they've said maybe. But they've been saying that for over a year now.

• Ocimom
    Favorite Answer

Pets can cost a lot of money for medical things (shots, spay/neuter, etc.), food, and other things you need. If your family is poor, they will not be able to afford to have a cat around that cost money. When you grow up, move out of your house, get a job and have the finances to properly care for a cat, then you can have one.

Maybe you can get your "cat fix" by taking care of neighbors or friends cats when they go on vacation.

They'll likely accept it if they could trade it for the whining brat they have for a kid.

Oh well! Not getting a cat. Next question?

You move out at 18

Your father can't work, your mom doesn't work and you don't either so who the hell is going to pay the vet bills? No one can. You can't even afford to adopt a cat not that you can since you are a minor and no shelter or resuce will allow your parents to since neither work

Your fmaily is so poor they can't afford another mouth to feed. Stop whining like a todler

• Maxi

You don't as you say your family are poor so they can't afford to feed and health check any animal........

• J C

You don't. You can't afford one. With any pet comes the financial responsibility for that pet - and that includes vet care. Cats are not "free" - they need quality food, vaccines, vet exams, flea treatment, and possibly spay/neuter as well. Your parents are wise to not want a pet they cannot afford to take care of. When you are old enough to get a job and move out on your own, then you get your cat. In the meantime, stop bugging your parents. They cannot afford one, and so you cannot have one.

I’m so sorry to hear how sick you are and that your terminally ill suffering so badly. If things are that desperate try contacting Make-A-Wish organization, they might be able to make your final wish come true before you die.

If your not terminally ill and dying, how can you be “suffering” just because you don’t get everything you want the minute you want it, yes there is a severe illness that causes that and it’s quite painful, not only to the child that has it. The illness is called being “Spoiled Rotten” someone that goes into tantrums, shouts, pouts and all out is a brat because they don’t get their way the minute they want something.

Do you have shelter, food, clothes? They don’t have to be new or fashion brand, they do need to fit you and cover you modestly in order to be in school. You also don’t NEED toys, internet services - oh that’s right your parents don’t love you, don’t care about you so there’s no internet at home, no phone service, no electricity. Yes there really many children out there with working parents that don’t have modern things like electricity, running water, toilets, clothing to cover their bodies, blankets to keep them warm, beds to sleep on or food for their bellies.

Getting a pet is an earned privilege that if the parents decide your mature enough to care for it and if they can afford it then they might decide to get one. Do you have money for the vet visit and all the kittens shot series, usually around 2 to 3 days pay they get from working. Vets are not cheap and they do cost some money to be examined, answer questions and give vaccinations to the kittens as well as the medicine for the kitten. Kittens may need anywhere from 2 to 4 shots before they get their adult rabies shots. Don’t forget the price of a litter box and the changes and upkeep for the litter box, it adds opus over the months. Next is cat food, cat toys, treats for the cat, cat furniture so the kitten has something to scratch up instead of your parents hard won furnishings,. Not to mention their willingness to clean up after it because you sure won’t wsnt to pick up cat poops and change litter boxes.

Think again hoe hard and cruel your life is and then add to your post how unfair life is. By the post it shows your not ready for a pet yet no matter how much you whine.

Cats can spray a horrible spray in the house.

If they are poor, and are working their arses off, maybe (if you are the legal age to be employed), you should consider working too. Then you can afford to feed, and care for, your pet. Vet bills can be real expensive.

Source(s): I'm on a low income myself, adopted two stray cats, but I also work.
  • patty

tell them there are plenty of cats for free check ads

• J C

Free cats are never "free". Vet care, spay neuter, quality food.