i m stuck in my room....doorknob broke.?

i live alone. my front door is also locked so no-one else can get in to help. i don t know what to do...its been hours.

Update:

edit: the window won't work, i'm 4 stories up :/

Update 2:

i want out :( (also tried 911, they told me it's not an emergency.) Hinges on the other side.

really don't want to break the door. any other suggestions?

Update 3:

i've got the doorknob off but it still won't budge...i might need to wait till tomorrow to call maintenence.

Update 4:

edit: wrong category...guys i'm still stuckkk

Update 5:

edit: i'm sill locked in here. but thanks guys. i'll get in touch with maintenence when i'm up.

thank god i don't have to pee..

i'll update when i am actually out.

Update 6:

i'm still stuck but maintenence is* on their way, I called about an hour ago when i found my charger as my phone died.

the door does open out, i don't know why. I'll have to ask them about that when they're here.

Update 7:

Final edit: _ forgot to update i am finally out after....i think 25-26 hours? god it feels good to eat T_T

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

And why do the door swing outward? Almost all doors swing into the room same with the door knob. The crew side that holds the doorknob together is on the inside as well. So you should be to do something to get out.

ok stop panicking. There should be a couple screws on that metal ring on the door by where your knob was. Unscrew them. In a pinch you can use nail clippers file, scissors, a pocket knife or something. You might be able to rotate that metal stub if that is broken you will see some mechanisms and springs. You should be able to move the latch and get out.

If nothing works break the cheapass door down. Also I would consider legal action i it is what you say abt the hinges and door knob.

Call maintenance to get you out. They should have a master key to get in your front door than be able to get you out of your death trap apartment

• Login to reply the answers
  • DEBS
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

User Activity is private. There's a surprise.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

The hinge pins should be inside the room as all doors open into the room. Only closet doors open outward so you can put stuff into a closet(but not the door) I am staring at the doors so can see how the hinges are set up. If it is on the outside of your room then ANYONE CAN GAIN ACCESS TO YOUR ROOM WHEN YOU LOCK THE DOOR. as all they have to do is pull the hinge pins.=NO SECURITY THAT WAY.

If the door opens into the room like all of them do, then you need someone come and kick the door into the room. The minor amount of damage done to the door frame is easily fixed up again. It would not be a steel frame or metal covered door for they do not take the old time square doorknobs. That is only good for old wooden doors.

. At worst it breaks the lock. Big deal. It needs to be replaced. Credit cards do not work here. This is not TV. Dynamite will work but again this is not TV. Full force Phaser blast may blow it off. Then again a Sonic Screwdriver should unlatch it. Then again a chainsaw and chop through the door.

• 6 months ago

call local emergency services on your cell phone. but not 999 or 911 -- it isn't that bad of an emergency

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • C
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

This has actually happened to me and it wasn't funny at all. Since you mentioned maintenance don't they have an emergency number? Don't hesitate to alert them. Failing that your local police should have a non-emergency number. Call them and press home the point that it will be an emergency if you can't get out, especially if you have no access to food and water, especially water.

• ...Show all comments
    • Number Three6 months agoReport

also, im sorry this happened to you too. its been 12 hours more or less at this point... hope you werent stuck for too long.

• patty
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

u have a phone. u have a window u can jump out of

• 6 months ago

Take a credit card or your drivers license and slide it into the gap in the door above the lock about 2 inches deep. Wiggle it down over where the door lock is. Should let you out.

• Number Three6 months agoReport

i tried this at first but the gap is way too small.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Call 911 and tell them your situation.

• 6 months ago

Break the door open. Throw yourself against the door until it gives. OR remove it from it's hinges (if they face inside the room).

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Climb out of the window.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.