How can i ask politely about my job application after almost a month after submitting it ?

I submitted the job application around the last few days of May, I will say the month of June for a week and a half i was extremely busy but even then, they never called back or anything. I was wondering if its too late to ask? If not, what should I say when I call? I just want to know if they have a wait list or... show more I submitted the job application around the last few days of May, I will say the month of June for a week and a half i was extremely busy but even then, they never called back or anything. I was wondering if its too late to ask? If not, what should I say when I call? I just want to know if they have a wait list or i was rejected! :) I really need a job thats why im so naggy lol. thank you.