Can I refuse to clean a toilet in McDonald’s if they don’t have any masks?

I’m new to McDonald’s so I had to clean a very disgusting toilet cuz someone went and it went everywhere but the bowel and my manager gave me gloves and a roll of paper towels and a disinfectant spray but they don’t have any mask at all and since I’m new idk if I could refuse to clean without a mask cuz I’m worried about getting a virus or something like that? Or do I have to deal with it?

you can refuse yes, but you could get fired.

Suck it up and move on to the next blow out.

If you don’t like it just quit or get fired

Just take a deep breath and do what your boss asks of you - that is if you want to keep your job.

I've cleaned tons of disgusting toilets and NEVER complained.

• Joe

How low are you willing to go to make a buck ? If you don't clean it someone else will. This world is all a matter of choices. You choose to leave, get another job, go without money for a while until something better pops up..it's all a matter of what you choose. You need money now ? Clean the damn toilet.

No that makes no sense

• Bob

Yes you can refuse to clean the toilets, but they can fire you for refusing.

I've never heard that there's a need to wear a mask for cleaning toilets, but if you're worried about it, you could bring one to work with you.

Grow up dude. Do your job if your a janitor or janitorial work. Wear gloves.

• Do whatever you want