Can I refuse to clean a toilet in McDonald’s if they don’t have any masks?

I’m new to McDonald’s so I had to clean a very disgusting toilet cuz someone went and it went everywhere but the bowel and my manager gave me gloves and a roll of paper towels and a disinfectant spray but they don’t have any mask at all and since I’m new idk if I could refuse to clean without a mask cuz I’m worried about getting a virus or something like that? Or do I have to deal with it?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

you can refuse yes, but you could get fired.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Suck it up and move on to the next blow out.

• 6 months ago

If you don’t like it just quit or get fired

• 6 months ago

Just take a deep breath and do what your boss asks of you - that is if you want to keep your job.

I've cleaned tons of disgusting toilets and NEVER complained.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Joe
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

How low are you willing to go to make a buck ? If you don't clean it someone else will. This world is all a matter of choices. You choose to leave, get another job, go without money for a while until something better pops up..it's all a matter of what you choose. You need money now ? Clean the damn toilet.

• 6 months ago

No that makes no sense

• Bob
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes you can refuse to clean the toilets, but they can fire you for refusing.

• 6 months ago

I've never heard that there's a need to wear a mask for cleaning toilets, but if you're worried about it, you could bring one to work with you.

• 6 months ago

Grow up dude. Do your job if your a janitor or janitorial work. Wear gloves.

• Do whatever you want

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.