Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 10 months ago

Didn t the casinos take all the fun out of slots by raising maximum bets, using complicated slots with multi lines, infrequent payouts,etc?

Years ago playing the slots was so much fun, there were frequent winners yelling with excitement. Now the complicated video slot machines make all the noise and the players are quiet and disgusted of losing all the time while the casino keeps hiking the cost to play. No wonder the newest casino in Catskill, NY is failing. No more casino vacations for me, they finally lost me as a player and can take another fool s money.

• Erik

I never play slots, but when I walked by that section of the casino, it didn't look like any of them were having fun. Most of them looked like they were depressed or on heroin.

I was just with a person playing 8 cents a spin on a slot machine and was up $17.

Sure, typical costs of anything are going to go up. So 25 cents bet in a 1965 slot machine would be a $2 bet today (simply based on inflation rates).

I will say that the first time I walked into a casino and you no longer heard the coins hitting the tray did completely change the feel and still does.

If you are taking casino vacations you should go to places that are well regulated and have minimum guarantee payouts on the slot machines.

The casinos are pricing the middle class player out of the casino with maximum slot bets that are too high to take a chance on the big jackpot. Even the penny machines maximum bet is four dollars or more to get the big jackpot, It's more exciting to play Powerball or Mega at a few bucks a ticket.

They should have left it to the tribes.