I feel like I’m at a dead end.?

I’m 16, and will be a junior in September. That means only two years of mandatory school left. The problem, though, is that I literally do not have a clue about what to do after high school. I feel like all the things I want to do, I can’t. I wanted to go into game dev, but that’s a difficult industry to get into.... show more I’m 16, and will be a junior in September. That means only two years of mandatory school left. The problem, though, is that I literally do not have a clue about what to do after high school. I feel like all the things I want to do, I can’t. I wanted to go into game dev, but that’s a difficult industry to get into. One, because it takes a LOT to actually make a profit, enough to live without another job. Two, if you want to make money you pretty much have to work for a larger company and for that you need a degree. Problem with that is, college is not something I can see myself doing. School has always been miserable for me. Four years of college isn’t for me. So no degree, means no game dev job that I could live off of. Also, I would like to be able to be an influencer in a way. I want to travel the world and mean something to someone and actually do something. Which is also impossible, because I don’t have the charisma for that (aka I’m not “pretty enough” and no one would pay me any mind.) I have no idea what I’m going to do with my life. I’ve felt like this for a loooong time. I feel like I’m never going to get any where. I’d hate to go through life being so unhappy. I don’t know what to do.
1 answer 1