How do you feel about series with English subtitles?

I absolutely hate watching series with English subtitles. I speak cantonese, mandarin, vietnamese, khmer, hangul, hindi, malay, ryukyuan japanese etc.

Every hindi movie that have English subtitles more the half of the subtitles are always wrong.

Older Japanese anime like fullmetal alchemist like 80 to 90 percent of the subtitles did not match up with the words. Newer ones like the rising of the shield hero was better but 30 percent of words were still wrong.

Same with korean movies and tv series I always turn the subtitles off because they throw me off completely.

The only thing that I have seen that matches word for word is chinese anime. Quan Zhi Gao Shou (The Kings Avatar) is a good example.

How do you feel about it love it or hate it?

• Liar

I do not enjoy subtitles because all of the action is happening in the center of my screen, but the subtitles are at the bottom. Additionally, with several high-paced series, it's difficult to read fast enough.

• Raditz

I always found that some anime fansubbers has better quality, compared to big company ones like Funimation or for the paid-TV ones like Animax or Ani-Plus. The reason of this was because most of the translators weren't too familiar on the subject they're working.

Most big companies usually outsourced their translation works to a "professional" translators group, but these groups were mostly translated different kind stuffs, like legal documents, educational/scientific books, and other formal stuffs. So when they were tasked to translate anime, the result will mostlg ends up as wonky, with stiff dialogues, weird word choices, and lots of unnecrssary stuffs being translated.

Meanwhile, bad fansubbers were mostly because they're doing fast translation, since they wanted to be the first one to release the subbed anime, which resulted in less QC process. But there are ones that takes their time to translate, and the result is quite good.