A hypothetical question that I hope someone will respond to?

Lets go back in history to the point in time where advances started to commence in physics and math. Lets assume the brilliant scientists had to do it all over again. Would it be inevitable that theories and equations would be identical or perhaps some alterations ? Would E=MC2 be one of the most significant... show more Lets go back in history to the point in time where advances started to commence in physics and math. Lets assume the brilliant scientists had to do it all over again. Would it be inevitable that theories and equations would be identical or perhaps some alterations ? Would E=MC2 be one of the most significant scientific determinations or would it be plausible another equation would exist, in place of the indicated equation? If math is invented I postulate there could very well be completely different equations and so forth. If math is innately part of nature would it there for suggest variances would be little to none ? I know it's a rather absurd question but please respond..