None ya asked in PetsCats · 4 months ago

My two female cats started fighting?

I adopted both of them within 3 months of each other. After a few weeks, they got along ok, I wouldn’t say best friends but they tolerated each other. All of a sudden, a few nights ago they started fighting, hissing, meowing, chasing each other, swatting at each other. What could be the reason? I have enough cat boxes, they eat next to each other (although the one tries to steal the others food), both get attention and love. Maybe a territorial thing? Idk and it’s getting to the point where I lock one up in our bedroom for the night cuz If I don’t then they go at it all night. I did just ordered Feliway from chewy to see if the pheromone scent will help. Any suggestions??

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Best Answer

The Feliway may work, I've heard it does for some. Otherwise there's not much you can do apart from break up any fights and make sure each has a perch they can climb to to get away. It might be just one of those things where one has taken offence at something the other has done and you'll never know what it was.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Are they spayed? If not, get them done NOW. Female cats don't always get along. How old were they when you got them? You can try the Feliway but there is no guarantee the cats will get along now if they are both mature.

• J C
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Are both spayed? Unspayed females can be very witchy. Get them spayed and the problem may disappear. However, many female cats prefer to be the one and only female. It is always safer to add male cats (neutered of course) to the household when there is a female there. Get both of them spayed if they are not already. And make a vet appointment for both of them - sometimes if there is a health issue with one of the cats the other will attack - in the wild an unhealthy cat is often driven off as it's a risk - the sick cat would attract predators and put the colony in danger. If both are spayed and there is no health issue (as confirmed by you vet, not by you) it's very possible you will need to rehome the newest cat. You can try adding territory, get two cat trees with 3 or more levels. Put them in separate windows. Each cat can then claim the 'good' territory of the top level. This can ease issues sometimes.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Are they both spayed? if one is not it's hormones may be annoying the other, if they are both spayed maybe they have just got fed up with each other.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Not all cats are going to like each other or get along all the time. My cats get into little fights from time to time, and I just break it up and put them in their own personal spaces. It's sometimes 2 females, sometimes a male and a female. I've never had two male cats fight, come to think of it.

• 4 months ago

get a male one XD

• None ya4 months agoReport

Hahah I think I should’ve in the first place!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.