My two female cats started fighting?

I adopted both of them within 3 months of each other. After a few weeks, they got along ok, I wouldn’t say best friends but they tolerated each other. All of a sudden, a few nights ago they started fighting, hissing, meowing, chasing each other, swatting at each other. What could be the reason? I have enough cat... show more I adopted both of them within 3 months of each other. After a few weeks, they got along ok, I wouldn’t say best friends but they tolerated each other. All of a sudden, a few nights ago they started fighting, hissing, meowing, chasing each other, swatting at each other. What could be the reason? I have enough cat boxes, they eat next to each other (although the one tries to steal the others food), both get attention and love. Maybe a territorial thing? Idk and it’s getting to the point where I lock one up in our bedroom for the night cuz If I don’t then they go at it all night. I did just ordered Feliway from chewy to see if the pheromone scent will help. Any suggestions??
6 answers 6